Monday, May 11, 2015

Beautiful weekend

My weekend unfolded in ways I didn't expect.  Walk and croissants with my sister, piano recital for grandkids, shopping for items to teach at fashion, hearing from all of our children, lovely gifts that were so thoughtful, time with DH to connect with him and a wonderful dinner.  It was an awesome day.  Yes, I stayed home from church.  I didn't see any point in risking falling into an emotional hole should someone inadvertently hit on a trigger.  I can't expect the whole world to tiptoe around my emotions.  I know what triggers me so I take care of myself.  I look forward to going back to church next week because I love celebrating my Savior and reflecting on His gospel.  I hope your Monday is lovely.  Our weather gave us a brief reprieve with a bit of rain.  My garden is looking lovely.  Tall and green.  The heat will beat it up soon.  Lots of water and perhaps I can figure out a way to give it a bit of shade. 

Water - Critical to life in the desert. 

2 comments:

TR said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful weekend. Happy Mother's Day! xx

Ruth said...

Thanks TR