Friday, May 29, 2015

In a blink of an eye.....

Our family world was turned upside down.  A phone call and the shattering news that our oldest daughter has a brain tumor that needed to be removed immediately.  The 6 hour surgery seemed like an eternity.  My husband went to be with her while I stay home nursing myself back to good health.  I ignored the coughing and sneezing thinking it was an allergic reaction.  It isn't getting better.  Bummer....plant a garden as a summer activity is having an unpleasant side affect.  I'm getting great reports as to her progress.  I am thankful that she has a wonderful medical team and family close to her.  I am thankful for the power of prayer.  It brings comfort at the scariest of times. 

4 comments:

Tundra Woman said...

My thoughts are with you and your family, Ruth. Prayer request to Daily Word.
TW

Evan said...

So glad to hear she is doing well.

jessie said...

Sending love and thoughts to you and your daughter and your family. I hope you all feel better soon.

Ruth said...

Thank you for the prayers and positive thoughts. She's starting to write her own progress reports. She will have more time in the hospital then weeks of recovery at home.