Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Remembered



I love Christmas.  It is a time of lights, decorations, sneaking around doing secret random acts of kindness, stories, and a feeling of peace.  Much of my childhood is forgotten in a dark murky ugliness that I don't like messing around remembering except for Christmas.  Some people would say it was the gifts that were special but most of the time I knew what I was getting ~ clothes.  I love trying to find the perfect gift that the other person really enjoys.  I felt real gladness in my heart when I watched my children trying to do the same thing.  They appreciated the gifts they received but the real excitement could they find that gift to bring tears of joy to someone else.  The hunt is on.  Not every year is that perfect gift found but there are plenty of years that the perfect gift given from the heart changes a relationship for the better.  I created a box to preserve the precious memories that are good.  I try now to make more of those precious memories for my children to hold in their hearts.  This may not be a perfect World but every so often we can touch each others heart in a warm, positive way.  May this Christmas season find gifts of love under your tree and in your heart.   

  

1 comment:

mulderfan said...

Your words are a gift that touch my heart. Thanks, Ruth...have a love filled Xmas.