Saturday, December 18, 2010

Seeking joy

These past 2 months roughed me up a bit with major change, fears, increased nightmares, and general high levels of stress.  I also had some great highs meeting our new grandson, successful Thanksgiving, well cooked turkey, and other joys.  When I experience the darker lows I know there are people I can connect with that bring me back up to a happier level.  NikonSniper is one of those people.  He shares his joy of his little granddaughter over at his blog:
http://nikonsniper.blogspot.com/2010/02/what-wonderful-world.html

4 comments:

mulderfan said...

"In life we cannot avoid change, we cannot avoid loss. Freedom and happiness are found in the flexibility and ease with which we move through change." ~Buddha

Ruth said...

Thank you mulderfan that quote from Buddha is beautiful. May I add it as a thought on my main page?

mulderfan said...

I would be thrilled! Although, Buddha, who was not divine, embraced and honoured all religions many people are closed to his ideas. In my study group, we actually have a number of practicing Chritstians.

The quote is from "Buddha's Little Instruction Book" by Jack Kornfield which contains so many comforting quotes and thoughts attributed to Buddha. Another one you might like, "No matter how difficult the past, you can always begin again today."

My Buddhist friends have guided and comforted me in my quest to be free and happy.

Ruth said...

Thanks mulderfan,
Your quote has inspired me to add a page to my blog, Awesome Quotes. I believe that many people have something awesome to say and sharing ideas help us grow. This quote right now is great for me. Thanks again for sharing.
Ruth