Friday, December 31, 2010

Wonderful Idea

I am always on the look out for great ideas to help on a day to day basis.  I heard part of this idea before but I didn't understand how it worked in a family situation.  Jana explains the concept with a great example from her family. 
http://janasthinkingplace.com/2010/12/thorns-roses-and-rosebuds/  
Thanks Jana for sharing your style and words that make this a workable part of living.  My kids have left home but I think I can use this to evaluate my own day.  It seems on the darkest days there is a bit of brightness and on the happiest days there will be a bit of frustration. Acknowledging both allows me to have a better accounting of my day.  The rosebuds is an addition I hadn't heard before.  I like that part because it brings to mind those things that I am looking forward to doing.  Over all it will be an amazing way to keep in touch with what I feel about each day.   

I love the quote, "We can mourn because Rose bushes have Thorns, or rejoice because Thorn bushes have Roses."  I saw one quote place that attributed this to Pres. Lincoln.  I had this as a poster up in my room when I was a teenager. 
Thank you to everyone that reads my blog and a special thanks to those that encourage me to keep going.  Hope everyone enjoys a Happy New Year and an Awesome 2011.

No comments: