Thursday, March 24, 2011

Facing challenges

Some days I am just plain tired.  Tired of trying to do all I am supposed to do, all that I want to do, and all that I wish I could do.  When I came to Earth, I was not informed that I would be getting a cheap shot body that barely functioned, a FOO (family of origin) that had more nuts than a pecan tree, and life experiences that keep landing me in the worse case scenario section of self-help books and a few psychology books, too.  My grand daughter's high pitch 5 year-old voice, "Are you kidding me?"  None the less, this is what I was handed.  Jana over at Band Back Together talks about the hands we are dealtBetsy Ten Boom (Corrie's sister) talked about thanking God for the Fleas.   I stand in awe.  I also read other bloggers and their respective challenges.  My problems are not the worse.  There are things that have passed me by.  Ten years cancer free, a very exciting milestone.  Amazing kids, kids-in-laws, grandkids, sister, friends, good counselor, wonderful medical doctor, being a chain breaker.  Yup, the hand I was dealt has some wild deuces, jokers, and quite a few low cards but I have an ace or 2 in the hole.  Tonight I am tired but I am a happy tired.  Good Night.   

4 comments:

mulderfan said...

I'm tired too. Tired of all the games people play and trying to understand their motives.

Ruth said...

I understand that.

Laurel Hawkes said...

Good to be happy tired. And good to remember to count blessings along with trials.

Ruth said...

Thanks.