Monday, August 29, 2011

Getting things done....NOT

There are three ways to get something done; do it yourself, hire someone, or forbid your kids to do it.
Mona Crane

I have so many things to do.  Limited time and here I sit.  Oh dear.  I am an internet junkie.  I need to check on how people are doing.  I want to chirp-in and leave comments.  Find out what is going on in the world...'Like' a comment or two or three or......Oops I spent much longer than I meant to.  This weekend was very awesome.  Spent time celebrating youngest in our family turning a quarter of a century.  Yup, the whole bunch of us are getting older by the minute...and I just spent several of those online.... well it was fun this weekend and connecting with family that respect each other is wonderful.  I watched the grand kids interact with their aunts and uncles sharing their ideas along with everyone else.  My heart rejoiced watching loving couples snuggled together with kids playing in the center.  Time well invested.  Missing those that couldn't be here and thankful for those that could.  Happy memories take time to make and you know I won't really miss getting some of those things done.  The spots on the floor are starting to merge into a lovely beige.  Maybe...I could leave them there another few days and it will look like they belong there....hmmmmm.    

4 comments:

CZBZ said...

You know Ruth, I used to get so many things done before the Internet. Once I get googling and posting and creating online, it's hard to stop!

BUT, I've been feeling the pull to other creative endeavors and that doesn't mean shining the kitchen floor. ha!! Although like you, I should take care of those spots 'cuz they aren't merging into a lovely beige. More like a muddy brown.

I love people's blogs, though. It's a miracle to me that we can make connections with people the way we do. The problem is: I could read all day everyday and never leave cyberspace except for eating dinner. The other problem is: I'm the one who's supposed to be making the dinner!

(We eat canned bean burritos far more often than any respectable cook wants to admit!)

Hugs,
CZ

Ruth said...

Thanks for dropping by CZ. My theory about cooking dinner is if we are what we eat then I am fast, cheap, and easy. I enjoy people's blogs and yours is lovely. Have a great day,
Ruth

mulderfan said...

My DH and I always hoped for a big family, now I know why! Your weekend sounds like fun and the other "things" can be done anytime.

I'm glad to hear you sounding more optimistic!

Hugs, P/M

Ruth said...

Nice to be feeling more optimistic. Thanks, P/M, I feel hugged. :)