Monday, August 22, 2011

What a journey

Sometimes we look so intently toward the top of our mountain that we stumble over the steps leading to it. The journey begins just where you are with blessings in every step. 
365 of encouraging words for women widget 

The past few days have been an emotional roller coaster.  Highs and lows that are keeping me feeling off balanced.  I decided that for just a bit I need to stop looking so far ahead and concentrate where I am going right now.  The week end was emotionally exhausting and translated into my dozing off at work.  NOT GOOD.  Fortunately, the person I work with kindly woke me and I worked a bit later to make up.  I do like to keep the mountain tops in view from time to time because it reminds me when I am in dark ravines that my ultimate goal is still up.  A quote I kept in my room as a teenager: "Life is a journey, not a destination. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson."  Every journey has its ups and downs.  I just feel discouraged when I work so hard and then crash into deep downs.  Couldn't I just do dips every now and again?  

3 comments:

mulderfan said...

Buddha said: "Every life has a measure of sorrow. Sometimes it is this that awakens us."

On a really hot day a dark ravine can be a cool place to be. I see from your writing that each time you struggle, you become more determined!

Hugs! P/M

Ruth said...

That is in interesting thought that sorrow awakens us. When things are going good it is real easy to coast along with out thinking where you will end up. Thanks P/M

Laurel Hawkes said...

Nope. God even reminds us, every day: It's darkest before dawn. It's also coldest before dawn. This is nice in the summer, and miserable in the winter, but when I was taking care of my horse in the early morning hours, I always knew when dawn would arrive, by the change in the air around me. Dawn is coming, every day.