Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Looking ahead by looking behind

‎"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be." ~ Douglas Adams
 Found this quote on my Facebook.  Gave me a lot to think about.  I remember starting counseling so naive and trusting thinking that in a few weeks I would understand why I had problems communicating.  Now years later, still in counseling and still struggling with communicating.  I am amazed at where I am right now.  I didn't intend to get here.  I didn't know where I had been.  I spent a good share of my life not knowing what I was up to.  One huge shock to find out where I had been.  The path I have followed like a crazy maze that would rival the one in Harry Potter movie.  Going down paths that when you try to go back the way is blocked.  Seeing no way to go forward when suddenly an opening appears.  Now I am here.  Right here in my life.  I think I am OK with that.  
 A few more of his quotes:
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
[info][add][mail]
Douglas Adams, "Last Chance to See"
He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
[info][add][mail]
Douglas Adams, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"
The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.
[info][add][mail]
Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
 
 

2 comments:

Laurel Hawkes said...

Great quotes.

mulderfan said...

It all sounds "crazy"...in a good way!

Made me smile!

Hugs!