Monday, November 4, 2013

I remember how I felt

“When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives means the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand.” Henri Nouwen


Through my life I remember many amazing teachers, kind friends, and loving family members. The ones that stand out in my mind treated me with respect and touched my heart with kindness. They made a difference by showing me the kind side of humans.  I learned from the others but when I think of them I do not feel any sense of peace or desire to encounter them again. This weekend I will have an opportunity to see a teacher from high school that made a difference in my life.  He listened to me and persuaded me to know for myself what I felt about God.  He made a difference.   


“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

Maya Angelou





 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the kind of friend that I cherish... Thank you!

Cassandra said...

That Maya Angelou quote is one of my favorites. It's uncanny how true it is.

Ruth said...

Thank you.

Cassandra, it is a favorite of mine too.