Saturday, December 28, 2013

Wish this were true for everyone

Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love!
Hamilton Wright Mabie
Pam here: Keep the conspiracy going! www.innerkiddies.com

I think one of the hard things and a big bubble as to why holiday depression occurs is that a sharp contrast of love and not loved is more obvious at this time of year.  When traditions swirl around a loving family it can heighten and emphasize the love shared; however, when family is neglectful or a war zone, the harsh light of contrast emphasizes the dysfunction.  Barbs are painful any time but when there is an expectation of Joy of the Christmas the barbs seem to sink just a little deeper.  I was happy for Roots to Blossom when she wrote, "words are just words, and no longer hold power over me."  She celebrates with her own family now and feels joy in seeing her children reap the success she made in breaking the chain of abuse.  Her life is different now.  The holidays are coming to an end with the New Year next week.  I am envisioning what next year will hold for me.  I am teaching myself to dream and then turning my dreams into my new reality.  A hallmark of thriving is the belief that the best is yet to come.


No comments: