Saturday, January 4, 2014

Before and After

Before Christmas there are visions of sugar plums dancing in my head....after Christmas the sugar plum fairy trades her toe shoes in for tenny runners - 1....2....3 ZUMBA.  I didn't gain weight over Christmas but I did over New Years.  I reviewed the week and realized, I got the results I deserve.  How could after Christmas be worse than before Christmas?  Let me tell you.


After Christmas, I felt triumphant that I didn't gain weight over Christmas....I felt I deserved to relax....DH went on a cleaning frenzy and pulled me into it....I didn't say no.....I felt I deserved a break from recording what I ate e v e r y day...I felt the shortening of time until I had to go back to work....I go back to work on Monday....I ate enough on Thursday that my normal 400 calorie lunch ballooned to 900 calories of feeling over full....after stress crash.  Yup. I earned the weight I gained.  However, I examined my attitude, my behavior, my reactions, my feelings, and recognize that there is a lot more going on.  I felt deprived...this is one of the mega monster triggers that set off a whole range of unreasonable behaviors.  I was searching for comfort at the bottom of a popcorn bowl.  I didn't find comfort but I found extra pounds.  Heavy sigh.  I recognize all the things I didn't do for myself.  All the times I didn't stick to my healthy choices in eating or emotional self care.  I didn't recognize that I was spiralling down faster than I thought.  The scales this morning put the breaks on the nose dive.  I feel like there is a cartoon character screaming in my head pull up before I smash into the ground...next challenge - PULL UP.  Don't splat.  Choose healthy.  Email MyCounselor.  Go work out.  Breathe.....Breathing is good.

No comments: