Friday, January 3, 2014

Humor lifts the human heart

http://downtowndevil.com/2013/09/19/47784/david-jacobson-humor-therapy-project-humanities/

I came across this article and plopped it on one of my posts to be used later.  Today is later.  I was amused that they said this was new information that humor can help heal the body from illness.  Funny, I read the same information in Anatomy of an Illness by Norman Counsins copy righted 1979. www.amazon.com/Anatomy-Illness-Perceived-Twentieth-Anniversary/dp/0393326845

I love humor.  I find funny things everywhere.  Oddities that strike me funny.  I used to get Reader's Digest and I went through the magazine reading all the humor pages.  I laughed when I was at a show in Laughlin, Nevada, the comedian included jokes I just read the month before in Reader's Digest.  In my collection of books that I bought from the school as a teenager, included several joke books.  I laughed when I got the computer tip that the tragedy of loosing a hard drives is because that was where they stored all their jokes.  Emails used to be funny, now mostly a bunch of advertisement.  Now, I enjoy jokes on Facebook.  Funny ones are passed on quickly because I figure that laughter shared is laughter multiplied.  Humor is very subjective.  Humor for me may not be funny to someone else.  However, when I do get together with someone that shares my twisted sense of humor, laughter abounds.

Laughter comes to my aid when tears are not far away.  I remember talking to my professor that encouraged me to write my book that is linked at the bottom of this page.  I was laughing about some situation.  He looked at me very concerned, "This is really painful, why are you laughing about it?"  I thought for a minute and replied, "I can laugh or cry about this, I prefer laughing."  Over and over again I look for the funny in a situation.

video about contagious laughter
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=320_1324102172
http://www.listentolaughter.com/people/a-tiny-little-film/

I was talking to my friend about laughter and she told me that there are laughter clubs.   Yup, I looked it up and here is one of the links.  http://www.laughteryoga.org/english


Hmmm Hmmm  What do I have here? 

Eye popping view

Ever watch a toddler play with one of these?



2 comments:

TR said...

So funny; loved the clips, it made my day! xxTR

Ruth said...

Glad you enjoyed them TR.