Thursday, January 16, 2014

Pesky and Fascinating....

Emotions.

One of the powerful things about multi-personalities for me was the ability of one persona to completely detach from all emotions.  When I started counseling there were times when KavinCoach would ask me how I felt about something and I would stare at him blankly wondering why I should feel anything at all.  He knew about dissociation but I think he was intrigued at how completely emotions would vanish.  He knew that part of the integrating process would put emotions front and center in my life.  He also knew it was not going to be comfortable for me.  I was so pissed when I realized that after integration I lost my escape hatch from emotions.  I was stuck with the pesky things yet I am fascinated and intrigued by them as well.  A friend sent me an interesting web page that combines emotions with a visual mapping of how the body reacts to emotions.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/d-brief/2013/12/30/body-atlas-reveals-where-we-feel-happiness-and-shame/#.UtjEvvZwyHl
 
Well worth checking out.  I was intrigued that feeling blue your body really looks blue.  I am curious if it is how they purposely set up the test or a surprise to them as well when they ran the test.  I know that tests can be manipulated but it still is an intriguing view of emotions. 

4 comments:

jessie said...

Wow, very interesting Ruth. Thanks for sharing.

Ruth said...

Your welcome Jessie.

TR said...

Yes, thank you for sharing this. As I'm trying to label my emotions I found that shame causes me to feel like I am choking and the breathing stops from my stomach up. This was really interesting to see their research. xxTR

Ruth said...

Interesting way to describe shame. I am on a research kick so more is coming in future posts. Thanks for reading TR.