Saturday, March 8, 2014

Burning the candle at both ends

I grew up with a saying, "I am burning the candle at both ends and skidding around in the grease."  Back to back to back events for weeks my body objected big time.  Saturday night my body crashed.  I was at a family gathering and I "fell" asleep on the couch.  I call these sleeps 'naps from hell.'  I wake up and my skin hurts.  The skin is the largest organ in your body and when it hurts all at once it is miserable.  My son's house was 77 degrees F and I was shivering unable to stay warm.  My body begged me to be nice now it took the upper-hand and made me rest.  I haven't had one of these monster spells in months.  It is a big indicator that I am not taking care of myself.  I need to love myself and take care of my body....but I was having so much fun playing with grandkids, visiting with my amazing wonderful kids, and picnics with friends.  I can get as worn out by good stuff as I can get beaten down by bad stuff.  I had a great time Saturday but just now posting this Sunday morning.  Hope your weekend is awesome. 

2 comments:

mulderfan said...

I've been told many times: If you don't take care for yourself first, you won't be there to take care of anyone else.

Ruth said...

Airlines are right, put the oxygen mask on your self first. Still working on doing this.