Wednesday, May 21, 2014

What do we learn?

I am fascinated that as I study and read blogs, Facebook and books I get bits and pieces that relate to the problems I am experiencing.  This week's issue is how I am perceived and treated by others.  Two blogs posted things they have learned from life.  'After the Whirlwind,' focused on what she learned about her relationships with abusive men.  She is courageous in sharing her experience.  http://lifebegins45.wordpress.com/2014/05/18/after-the-whirlwind/  Lifebegins45 shares her life experiences in her blog.  I admire her determination change her life. 

From Facebook I encountered this post on 30 things the author learned by 30 years old.  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/susie-moore/life-lessons_b_5324178.html I certainly did not learn the same things Susie Moore learned.  There are several things on her list that I am still working on.  However, there were others on her list that I am not so sure I am interested in doing.  Our list are quite different from each other. 

I am also bringing home my extra stuff from work in preparation for summer.  One of the items is a light weight hoody designed by my daughter with Love the Journey printed on the back.  This is something I am learning.  When I love the journey, I enjoy my life so much more.  I am learning that accepting and enjoying my journey right now where I am at is a daily choice.  I am challenged when I am faced with struggles, frustrations, and my own bucket load of fears.  I spent 10 years in counseling learning how to unload the ugly buckets and reload them with the good stuff I learned I deserve.  I think yesterday's quote comes in handy when I think about this.  The king and the pawn go into the same box when the chess set is put away.  Everyone of us has our own journey.  What we learn from it overlaps with things that other people learn but there are differences too.  I use this blog to explore what I am learning.  I am learning that this world is an amazing place to live that has plenty of hazards and opportunities to learn.   


Tree bones

Precarious perch

Dwarfed by grandeur

1 comment:

TR said...

Love the 'love the journey'. Beautiful photos.