Sunday, May 18, 2014

Who moved?

****************For those triggered by religious subjects, please, be aware that this post discusses my relationship with Christ.*****************



A long while ago, I received a scathing comment about how this blog is all about me.  I am letting you all know, I do this on purpose.  If I notice I am using words like 'you should' or 'survivors need to' or any other form of directing these posts to someone else, I try to go back and rewrite it to be what I need to do.  Or what I am struggling with.  I am not setting myself up as an example of someone that has arrived, I am sharing my daily struggles and successes in hope that sharing will help someone else.  Perhaps someone else will see a similarity in their own struggles.  I also want there to be a general feeling of hope that an abusive childhood does not condemn a person to a life time of misery.  I want my message to be that PTSD is not the end of the world.  It simply gives a name to struggles resulting from trauma.  I had PTSD since I was 5 years old.  I didn't have a name for it until my 40's.  I now know what to search for on the internet to get ideas to try different things to help me live a happier and more fulfilling life.  I am continually on the outlook for books, blogs post, and webpages to help me better understand my own struggles.  Recently, KavinCoach shared a book with me that within a few pages I felt frustrated and angry.  I had to emotionally step back and reassess my frustration.  I realized that the book is an amazing accounting of one woman's challenges with PTSD/DID (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Dissociative Identity Disorder.)  The rub came that she is billing the book as a guide for others with PTSD.  Problem is that the way she is approaching her healing is quite different than mine.  Unfortunately, several times she stated that every survivor must do things her way.  This doesn't set well with me.  She also stripped away most of the spiritual side of the healing process.  She does mention that her belief in a High Power is helpful but when she talked about fasting she only mentions the benefit of not eating being a sense of control over self.  I was really upset about this.  Note to self, whenever I am very upset about someone else's behavior what am I doing that reminds me of what I believe is their short coming? 

Didn't take me long to realize that recently, I haven't been including Christ in my struggles.  I am past some of the "BIG" issues and working on less life threatening challenges.  I noticed something about myself.  I am much more attentive to my prayers and their sincerity when my life is a freaking mess.  When things start to get better, I tend to start thinking a long the lines that Christ is very busy and I don't need to bother Him with my little frustrations.  I tend to start thinking that I know best and I can handle things and yadda, yadda, yadda.  I forget that Christ loves me.  I forget that Heavenly Father loves me so much He sent Christ to Earth as my Savior and guide.  I love my children and I am interested in what they are doing, big or small, weighty or fluffy.  If I am interested in everything about those I love, why do I tend to forget that Christ is interested in all that I do?  I reminded myself of the constancy of Christ.  Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Alway ~ all the time in every way to the end of the world.  If Christ is always with me, who moved?  I can now let this author have her voice and share her struggle now that I recognize that my criticism is with myself and not keeping Christ in my daily life.  Sunday for me is a day to reflect how I am doing with my relationship with Christ.  He is my advocate with Heavenly Father.  Christ will show me the way always, if I let Him.  


Phillipians 4:4-7
Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.
Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.






4 comments:

mulderfan said...

My brother made the same complaint about MY blog being all about ME! I found it kinda comical!

Janet said...

thank you for the reminder, it was much needed today!

Tundra Woman said...

Umm, their "complaint" is your Blog is all about you-and your journey? Well, how 'bout THAT! EXACTLY as you intended, exactly as you have stated, exactly as you've so freely shared your challenges, your joys and yes, the sorrows-as well as tons of beautiful art created by you and occasionally, others who inspire you. You've never pushed your religious orientation other than discussing it as it has been personal to you and instrumental in your life-at every juncture.
And now someone's complaining because your Blog is about YOU??? Oh, Ms. R, forgive me please, but this just entirely too classic, too entertaining, too rich to not have me laughing!! Aiye, there's someone looking to be "offended" aka, the bane of all Blogger's existence, The TROLL!
Yk, if I'm not into what ever a Blogger is writing about, I move on. That what adults-the sane ones-DO. Trolls just gotta let ya know, they're "Offended!" No they're not: They're attention whores looking for a platform. You gave this ilk a lot of your life-pease don't waste a second more on 'em!
Blog ON! And thanks. You've added much to my life, FWIW.
TW

Ruth said...

Thanks mulderfan. It is comical when people complain about this.

Thank you TW. I appreciate your reassurance. I'll keep blogging.

Your welcome Janet.