Sunday, February 1, 2015

New perspectives...

One of the things important to me is studying scriptures.  I read the New Testament in junior high.  My sister and I often talk where we learned so much faith in Christ.  Our parents gave us mixed signals.  Be good but don't pay tithing.  Church is important but study on Sunday.  Do as I say but don't comment on what I do.  I'm more of the nature if you say it, do your best to do it, too.  I realized both my sister and I went directly to the source.  We each chose to read scriptures on our own.  We spent studying the Gospels at the source.  Recently I was reading the story of the prodigal son.  I often wondered about the other son.  The one that always did what he was supposed to do.  The one that stayed with his father and didn't waste his inheritance.  His brother returns and his father has a feast and celebration.  The brother feels angry and wonders what about him?  Why doesn't his father celebrate him?  This is his father's reply:

Luke 15:31 And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine.

The father reminded his older, faithful son that he never left and everything was his.  He worked for it.  He also reminded to celebrate that his brother returned home.

Luke 15:32 It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.

Before this parable are two other parables talking about rejoicing when the lost are found.  If a person is never lost, they never need to be found.  Rejoice in finding those that are lost.



No comments: