Monday, February 2, 2015

Take the lid off the Jar

Steve Harvey Take the lid off the Jar.
January 29
https://www.facebook.com/SteveHarveytv?fref=nf

 I found the video on Facebook first then tried the above link but that was to his page on not the video I was looking for.  Yahoo search found it but gave a link that was 3 lines long.  Clicking around on the screen and I came up with this link: (should work, at least it did for me.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faRVh1ro3xA

Today's world is encouraging people to make SMART goals
Specific
Measurable
Achievable
Results focused
Time bound

New link updated 4/27/2019 Longer article https://www.ucop.edu/local-human-resources/_files/performance-appraisal/How%20to%20write%20SMART%20Goals%20v2.pdf
Shorter information sheet: https://www.baylor.edu/hr/doc.php/308719.pdf


These kind of goals can be great.  They get you from point A to point B.....but what gets you from Impossible to I'm possible.

Recently I read a lot of information about PTSD.  It sounds pretty hopeless.  The focus is on the problems.  Solutions are not one size fits all.  There is lots of discouragement.

I appreciated Steve Harvey sharing his story of a 6 grade kid putting on his future goals to be on TV.  She didn't believe him.  Ridiculed him in front of the class.  But his Father saw the I'm possible.

Having SMART goals can help me over lumps and bumps but it is that impossible goal of thriving that keeps me going when there seems to be no answers.  It keeps me searching when I am given little hope.  I believe in miracles and changing Impossible to I'm possible requires miracle thinking.

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

I have been up against tough competition all my life. I wouldn't know how to get along without it.

 Walt Disney quotes 

Graduated with a Bachelor of Arts Degree-Photography, my 7th grade art teacher told me I was so bad at art I should never take another art class.  Teacher's don't know everything. 

No comments: