Saturday, July 20, 2013

Life Meaning

I am fascinated when I read one blog that really strikes a nerve only to read another blog that gives an answer.

Joel over at Impossible Headquarters works at shaking things up.  His challenge...Do the impossible because it is there.
http://impossiblehq.com/meaning-of-life

He attended a seminar and listened to Donald Miller, speak.  Miller posed a thought provoking questions:

What if life isn’t meaningless? What if just your life is meaningless?

One of the hardest things to live with as a survivor is recognizing that your dreams were destroyed long ago.  PTSD rudely reminds me that survival doesn't leave much room for meaning or dreams.  Time slips away in a  blur of getting though just one more day.  Day after day.  Meaning, dreams, purpose belongs to others.  Or so I believed.  In counseling, KavinCoach introduced me to the idea of thriving.  He asked me to make a picture of my dreams.  I couldn't do it.  I had no idea what they were.  Childhood dreams disappeared long ago.  New dreams never formed.  Sorrow never replaces dreams.

Evan over at Authentic Living posted a link to a blog post on 'How to find your Passion?'  It is in our passions that we find our dreams and meaning.

Evan's post http://www.livingauthentically.org/2013/07/how-to-find-your-passion/

He sent me to this link http://www.pickyourgoals.com/goalhacks/how-to-find-your-passion/

The post gives step by step instructions for different personality types to identify their own passion and inside that passion is where dreams wait.  Wait to come alive when the owner believes it is possible to have them.  A part of the healing process, motivation for moving on, are new dreams.  New passion forged in the crucible of adversity.  I am working on those dreams.  Are you working on yours?

We Dream


2 comments:

Evan said...

Glad it helped. And thanks for the mention.

Ruth said...

Your welcome Evan. I appreciate your blog. :)