Monday, July 22, 2013

Who am I?

Give up defining yourself - to yourself or to others. You won’t die. You will come to life. And don’t be concerned with how others define you. When they define you, they are limiting themselves, so it’s their problem. Whenever you interact with people, don’t be there primarily as a function or a role, but as the field of conscious Presence. You can only lose something that you have, but you cannot lose something that you are.
-Eckhart Tolle

I have struggled with this question for years.  In high school, I took a search for identity class.  I continued to search for understanding.  I wasn't satisfied with the answers daughter, student, wife, mother, computer tech, artist, and daughter of God.  I figured counseling would help answer this question, instead I just had more questions about myself, my past and who I am.  This quote really got my attention on Facebook.  I remember a session with KavinCoach where I felt like he was badgering me asking me over and over to describe myself.  He kept pointing out I was describing what I do.  I think this quote confirms what KavinCoach was trying to get me to understand.  I am myself.









No comments: