Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Go Get It

"Success doesn't come to you, you go to it." 
- Marva Collins 

 Totally cracked me up to look at my blog and see that I posted instead of saved this quote. Maybe it was an unconscious note to self to stop saving myself for later events but just get out there and do.  For years, I had to conserve what little energy I had.  It became a habit.  I needed to be up to fix dinner.  If I did something else, I wouldn't be able to fix dinner.  That isn't true any more.  I now have the energy to do 45 minutes of Zumba exercise.  Sweat pouring off me, breathing hard, and pushing myself past old limits.  I am beginning to believe that success is another word for thriving.  However, I am not going to let someone else define my success just like I am not going to let someone else define me.  I think that was the saddest think I saw at my 20 year class reunion.  People trying to impress people they haven't seen in 20 years by showing off a level of success by someone else standard.  One woman showed off her boob job.  Another bragged about a high powered lawyer job that she hated.  All these people trying to show how much better they were than someone else. I believe we all worked as hard at being are own best self than the whole world would be much happier.  I believe this is the value of authentic living, choosing to be your own best self you always succeed.

No comments: