Sunday, September 21, 2014

Cowboys - 4 - Christ

~Too blessed to be stressed

"The shortest distance between a problem and a solution

is the distance between your knees and the ground.

The one who kneels to the Lord can stand up to anything." 


~ God bless and keep sharing the Good News !!! ~ C4C


 My sister introduced me to this page on Facebook.  I love the photographs that go with there quotes.  The quote similar to this:

If you can't stand it, try your knees. 


I know from experience that the first step to solving any problem is admitting there is a problem.  Next step is defining a problem.  If I already know the answer then I follow through and make changes.  However, if I don't know the answer, I need to humble myself to seek help.  Kneeling before God is an act of humility if I am willing to be taught a new way.  I learned there are more than one type of prayer.  The one I tend to do is:
"Heavenly Father I'm in a mess, please, get me out quickly and easily with no effort on my part."  
Yup, I've said this kind of prayer. 
Another type is a negotiation:
"Heavenly Father I'm in a mess, please, get me out quickly and easily, if you do, I'll be good for a week."
The next one is adding a touch of I say thanks so you'll help me, Right?
"Heavenly Father, I'm thankful for all my blessings, please, get me out quickly and easily and I will be your friend."
Or how about the uber polite prayer:
"Heavenly Father, pretty please with sugar on top, get me out of this mess quickly and easily."  
Don't forget the combination prayer:
"Heavenly Father, I'm thankful for all my blessings, pretty please with sugar on top, get me out of this mess that is no fault of my own, get me out quickly and easily.  I will be your friend and be good for 2 weeks." 
Yea, I've said all of those.  I sometimes felt like Heavenly Father put my prayers like these on His Comedy channel and He and His angels laugh and laugh. Just for fun, He would grant one of my petitions.  Took me awhile to learn about some of the other prayers.

The gratitude prayer - I don't recommend kneeling for this one unless your knees are strong.  The gratitude prayer itemizes all the blessings I can think of and listing them in detail.  The amazing thing about this prayer is the longer I talk the more the list grows.  I mention I am thankful for food and I have to mention I especially thankful for chocolate.  I am thankful for my kids then I need to thank Him for their wonderful spouses and then I need to thank him for the grandkids.  I noticed that Heavenly Father's blessings just keep growing and getting better.  Especially after reading Betsy's advice in the Hiding Place.  "Corrie, don't forget to thank Him for the fleas." I add in those fleas and the list gets mighty long. 

I am finally learning the humble prayer it goes something like this:
"Heavenly Father, I made a hellacious mess of my life.  I saw that hole and jumped right in.  I recognize the error I made of jumping in.  I would like to fix this mistake.  I will do what ever it takes to get out."

"Will you give up your sins?"

"Yes."

"Will you work hard?"

"Yes."

"Will you serve others?"

"Yes."

"You know you are going to make more mistakes tomorrow, what will you do then?"

"I'll be back on my knees working on those solutions tomorrow but today I have sufficient to undo."

Matthew 6:6-13


 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

 10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

 11 Give us this day our daily bread.

 12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

 13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.













No comments: