Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Trust

“TRUST is NOT a PASSIVE state of MIND. It is a vigorous act of the soul by which we choose to lay hold on the promises of God and cling to them despite the adversity that at times seeks to overwhelms us.” Jerry Bridges, Trusting God: Even When Life Hurts




Proverbs 3:5-6
 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.



Psalm 27: 1-5
 The Lord is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear?
 The Lord is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid?
 When the wicked advance against me to devour me, it is my enemies and my foes who will stumble and fall. Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then I will be confident. One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple. For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent and set me high upon a rock.



Romans 14:8
 If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.



Psalms 46:1 
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.



It is by the Grace of God our great nation was born...
not just by the bravery of our founders. But for who HE IS..The Almighty God...He has all things in his control..Seek HIM first.


“If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be one nation gone under.”
― Ronald Reagan~ckp.


Breitbart - One Voice Silenced, Millions Awakened's photo. https://www.facebook.com/BreitbartOneSilencedMillionsAwakened



Trust is difficult for me.  I am working through a problem with no clear answer.  I am praying for guidance, will I trust the answer?  How often have I prayed not really believing that an answer will come? I call those prayers, ceiling bouncers.  They might as well bounce off the ceiling because that is as far as they will go.  I look at all the possible answers and feel totally inadequate to the task.  A day off from work gave me time to catch-up and clean-up.  Back to work tomorrow.  By morning I will probably have the starting of a solution.  Sleep gives my brain time to work through issues unfettered by conscious thought. 

No comments: