Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Another Time Boundary

To a Child, Love is Spelled T-I-M-E  http://www.tacmovie.com/

People realize that time passes but sometimes it seems to slip through our fingers without even realizing it is gone.  New Age is reinventing the old adage to 'stop and smell the flower.'  Once time passes you can't call it back.  Sometimes, I worry so much about day to day functioning that taking time to make memories doesn't happen.  Time is relentless, good choices or bad, time carries on.  I am quite fascinated by time, while functioning as multiple personality, I had no comprehension of time.  I would think that a few hours had passed and realize it was several days.  For me, time was not continuous until after I integrated.  The flow of time feels relentless yet sometimes suspended.  I feel it now ebbing around me.  This summer by necessity was very quiet.  I seemed to be doing nothing.  I reminded myself that I was doing the most important thing of all, healing.  I didn't look busy on the outside but inside a lot was going on.  I woke up each morning with another day.  I have only been aware of time passing for the last 3 years.  It is no longer chopped up into pieces each claimed by a different personality.  I am spending time with people that are important to me.  Yesterday, I played silly games with grandkids.  We had fun.  I felt happy.  Time passed and they had to go home.  But for that moment we captured shared delight.  I look forward to playing with them again soon.  I spend part of each day reading and writing blogs.  I feel connected in ways that I never imagined possible 10 years ago.  I feel like I am learning to live, yet so much time has already passed.  Busyness steals time.  The kind of busyness that can be marked off a list but doesn't enrich your life.  Some daily tasks are needed but sometimes I remind myself to stop, play, absorb the moment.  My physical health forced me to slow way down.  It's what comes out in my photographs, taking time to see the world. 


Stop

Rest

Play

No comments: