Monday, July 16, 2012

No Complaining Challenge

Interesting Challenge posted over at THIS IS ME, DAMN IT!

http://thisismedamnit.blogspot.com/2012/07/no-complaining10-days-happier-me.html

If you have a facebook account you can log on from this link and join the challenge.  When I read the rules I realized I complain more that I thought I did.  I am not sure I could go one day.  Maybe I need to do a bit of summer clearance in my head and boot out some of the things that I don't want in my life.  I am not sure I will take on the challenge.  Would be easier now since I don't go back to work for two weeks.  Any thoughts on this?

Reading the book Law of the Garbage Truck brought down my criticism and complaining.  I wonder what an entire 10 days would do?
http://weareone-ruth.blogspot.com/2011/03/garbage-needs-to-go-out.html

Death to complaints.

5 comments:

mulderfan said...

I've already complained. This too hard!

Ruth said...

Is that a complaint or an observation?

Anonymous said...

Lovely post and links Ruth, thank you!
I am not sure I’m ready either; I’m going to give it my best shot and spend more time crafting because it focuses the mind. :)
Molly x

Ruth said...

Happy Crafting Molly. Sounds like a great way not to complain by doing something you enjoy. Have fun. :)

Judith said...

This challenge is a great idea. Although I'm not really much of a complainer. I tend to make excuses for the bad behavior of others or deny my own needs. Just four days ago, I almost didn't send back a burger I ordered that had some sort of sand or grit in it, and then when the waitress asked if she should "take it off my ticket", I almost said it was ok. My husband had to jump in and say that of course we shouldn't have to pay for it.

I also despise how much my family bitches and moans about everything, so I guess I hedge away from it for that reason as well.

But still, it's always good to be mindful of our thoughts in order to find truer, more healthy ways to exist.