Monday, July 30, 2012

I'm Nominated. Woohoo.

 
Laurel Hawkes nominated me for this award. Thank you.
http://laurelhawkes.blogspot.com/2012/07/liebster-blog-award.html

The rules are:

  1. Thank and link back to the person who presented you with the award. Add the award logo to your blog.
  2. Answer the eleven questions posted for the nominees.
  3. Share eleven random facts about yourself.
  4. Write eleven questions for your nominees and then…
  5. Nominate eleven worthy blogs and contact those bloggers so they know about it! (No tag backs.)
The Liebster Blog Award is given bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word meaning: sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.


11 Random Facts About ME

1. I am a night owl.  I prefer to stay up late and wake up whenever.  Hopefully, after more than 3 hours of sleep.
2. I love photography.  (No surprise here.)
3. I learned how to repair computers when a printer refused to print my final English paper.  (I was over 40.)  Computers are a love-hate relationship; I love them when they work, I hate them when they don't.
4.  I love hiking, anywhere.  Camera in hand, it becomes a Photo Safari.
5.  I am very curious.  Been in trouble more than once for pushing a button to see what happens.
6.  Wish I had become a math teacher.  I love it and enjoy explaining it to others.  I joked with my English teacher that English was my second language and Math was my first.
7.  Love having lunch with a friend.
8.  Mimi's cafe hot chocolate in a bowl with whip cream is my idea of a celebration drink.
9.  My sister is my friend.  (Very blessed here.)
10. I have amazing kids and grandkids.  Happiness is spending time with them, favorite location zoo.
11. I love the Harry Potter Series of books and movies. 

11 question:

1. Who inspires you? Dave Pelzer and other survivors that learned how to thrive. 
2. Where do you want to visit next? Redwood forest, blame this one on the "Gnomemobile." http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061715/
3. Who would you like to learn more about? Anyone that has triumphed over adversity. 
4. Ocean or mountains? Both, I love spending time in the early morning listening to the swish swish of the ocean and walking the towering heights of the mountains and the smell of both.
5. What is one thing you like to do for fun? Photography
6. Sun all the time or four seasons? I used to say ALL SUN until I lived in Spokane, Washington and discovered that four seasons are wonderful too.  I do believe that I need a certain amount of sunshine everyday to stay healthy. 
7. Favorite dish?  Decisions, decisions...I suppose saying Food doesn't count.  Chocolate ice cream is near the top of the list.  Peanut-butter and jelly sandwich is number one comfort food.
8. Do you have a recipe for your favorite dish? With a cupboard full of cook books it is probably in their somewhere.  Of course, there are also the many recipes on line.  Never had a desire to make chocolate ice cream when there are so many in my grocer's freezer.  One slice of bread, spread on the peanut-butter, add jam.  Best eaten with glass of chocolate milk and Fritos on the side for crunch. 
9. By the book recipes or off-the-cuff? By-the-book but I am learning to experiment on my own.  My children discovered that quit a few of my By-the-book recipes have been modified over time.
10. What is one thing you collect? Things with wings, angels, butterflies, dragonflies, fairies, dragons, and birds.  Also an impressive collection of photos, over 70,000 all mine.
11. Favorite holiday? Halloween... I have an entire Halloween town and just love giving away the candy and all the fun side.  Ix-Nay on the creepy, scare the bajebers out of you side of Halloween.

My nominees are: Drum roll please - (opting-in is optional)
http://www.adventuresofkat.com/
http://elevatorbrokentakethe12steps.blogspot.ca/
http://kikimatters.blogspot.com/
http://ladyhawkhollow.blogspot.com/
http://thisismedamnit.blogspot.com/
http://notmyrock.blogspot.com/
http://raisingcaliban.blogspot.com/
http://shyandblue.blogspot.com/



11 questions for my nominees: 
1.  What country would you like to visit?
2.  If you could spend the afternoon with any one person, who would you choose?
3.  Imagine you are walking on the wild side, describe where that is located?
4.  You get to be on any TV show for one episode, which one would you choose?
5.  The electricity is out, what would you do?
6.  You can take any class that you want what would you study?
7.  Where are you sitting to answer these questions?
8.  You were just given a million dollars what would you do with it?
9.  If life is a game...what game would represent your life?
10. What is your favorite color?
11.  Magically you could go to any music concert during any time...which concert would you attend?

4 comments:

Calibans Sister said...

Ruth, Ruthie! Thank you for the nomination. I am truly happy that you find my blog a useful place. Especially since I started it's only been up for a month. I am learning so much from these conversations. I will get back later with my answers, my questions, and my nominations. Have a huge work project to get out the door this week. Thank you!! Keep up the brilliant artwork, and the gratitude.

Ruth said...

Thanks Cal Sister, good luck on the project.

Evan said...

I remember the gnomemobile but can't for the life of me remember the name of the movie.

Ruth said...

The Gnomobile is the name of the movie. It was a Disney movie that I watched when I was a kid.