Monday, July 9, 2012

Hang on to Happiness

This mornings email had a wonderful quote from Pam Young http://www.makeitfunanditwillgetdone.com/

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  

Then mulderfan directed me to an awesome blog by Scatha
http://scatharisingfromashes.blogspot.ca/2012/07/injunctions-and-drivers.html

To me, this is how blogging community works.  One person is struggling with a problem then things start popping up that help create a solution.  That's how a solution comes for me.  I first have to recognize I have a problem.  (Yes, there were many years when I was a multiple that I didn't know there was a problem.)  Next, I start looking around at what other people have done about a similar problem.  Because it works for me, I read anything I can get my hands on.  (Some of my medical problems I found out that I can go to the hospital library and use their books as long as I don't check them out.  I would have a medical dictionary to look up words as I read medical journal articles written for doctors.)  Then I pray about it and this is where the amazing stuff happens.  Something comes in my email that I didn't expect.  Someone else that I read regularly posts something that puts in another piece of the puzzle.  While I am sleeping, thoughts connect together that I have not previously put in the same book let alone the same page.  I don't get the kind of miracles that everything is instantly shown to me.  I work for it a bit at a time with pieces falling together that I hadn't expected or rearranged.  Like having a puzzle piece and staring at it not knowing how it fits and someone comes along and turns the puzzle piece over wa-la it now fits.  Sometimes I just need a different puzzle piece.  There are also times when I am going over the same territory.  I remind myself what Zig Zigler said about motivation, “People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily.” Thank you Lord and thank you to every angel that posts their story.  (I know that some people posting don't feel like an angel but that is how you seem to me when I am needing help.  To me, angels are helpers of the very best kind.)  I am feeling much better this morning.  Thank you.



3 comments:

CZBZ said...

Hi Ruth,

Making connections with people on the Internet has been a miracle. To have people in my life who understand what I'm feeling is extremely empowering. It's hard to imagine how I'd have gotten through the last ten years without their validation.

I loved the quote by Zig Zigler. Never heard that before. ha! I'm gonna remember that.

I've been feeling like I needed some daily motivational encouragement. Your post was definitely what I needed to read today. Thank you!

Hugs,
CZ

Ruth said...

Your welcome CZ. I agree validation when dealing with a narcissistic person makes a huge difference. Glad you enjoyed the quotes. :)

Scatha said...

Hi Ruth,

I also feel that is is a miracle for me that I can finally connect with people who had similar experiences with narcs.
I think it is a blessing that people can feel less alone. :)
The bathing part made me smile, because that quote is so true.
:hugs: