Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Bursting Seeds

Found on Facebook.....I have awesome friends that post very cool stuff on Facebook.  It is where I go for my daily dose of beauty and inspiration. 

For a seed to achieve its greatest expression, it must come completely undone.  The shell cracks, its insides come out and everything changes.  To someone who doesn't understand growth, it would look like complete destruction.   - Cynthia Occelli  (found her web page http://www.cynthiaoccelli.com/contact/)

The preschool children where I work have seeds in plastic bags in the window.  The beans were soaked in water and they are bursting forth with delicate roots and stringy green tops that are seeking light to grow.  The beans are swollen and split.  The destruction is the step before incredible growth.  I think this goes with the quote taught to me by MyCounselor, "When you think things are falling apart, perhaps they are actually falling together." Now, if I can just remember this on the days my world falls apart. 










No comments: