Friday, April 18, 2014

Finally recovering

Think Positive: For example, I just fell down the stairs today and thought, "Wow, I fell down those stairs fast." - Unknown ( and likely to stay that way.) 

Shortly after Christmas I hurt my leg.  I had to take pain killers for the drive home from work.  Then few weeks ago, I learned how to fall in karate.  The next day, rainy conditions made for a hazardous sidewalk.  I slipped and crashed to the ground and used the technique I learned the day before.  I busted a blood vessel in my finger but otherwise just a bunch of bruising.  I joked that I just had an instant bone density test.  Falling on concrete and not breaking anything means my bones are in great shape.  A real concern when osteoporosis showed up on both sides of my family.  Tonight, working out I was delighted to realize that I could do almost all the moves I learned so far.  My body is finally recovering from Christmas misadventures.  Hopefully the rest of me will finally start to feel like I have recovered from the yearly seasonal depression.  Don't get me wrong.  I love Christmas and Thanksgiving and Halloween and New Year Day and I hate all the stress and expectations that trigger all sorts of negative emotions.  Humor goes a long way to helping me survive all sorts of things.  But the season is just tough.  I am getting better and better at coping with the holidays.  Hoping someday that it will lose its dark cloud that hovers at the edge of the horizon threatening to obliterate me if I don't stay vigilant over the holidays.    


Wilderness I-Spy
Wow Nelly
Turkey butt.....really it is the backside of a turkey.


No comments: