Saturday, April 19, 2014

Easter Bunny

A few years ago I was moved from photography to Early Childhood Education at the high school.  It was a bit of a shock for me.  Come Spring they asked me to play the Easter Bunny in a pink furry bunny costume.  My challenge was to figure out a way for the Easter Bunny to be fun without terrorizing the children.  Imagine being 3 years old and being confronted with a huge pink furry rabbit.  This year I succeeded in having no children or high schoolers crying.  I learned that what is fun for one person isn't always fun for someone else. I remember being criticized by another parent for including the Easter Bunny with the traditions of Easter.  I thought about the criticism and decided that Heavenly Father had more of a sense of humor than the Christian that dumped on me.  I believe that Heavenly Father has a sense of humor.  I believe that my Savior has more compassion for my enjoyment of silliness than the person that was heaping criticism on me. I also think this world was created with so many wonderful things.  Mother Earth is one huge 'Easter egg hunt.'  Think about a rock hound scouring the desert to find hidden treasures.  Geodes look plain and boring on the outside yet are magical wonderlands on the inside.  http://www.google.com/search?q=rocks+geodes&safe=active&nord=1&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=-2BTU7DpBufP8AG-8YDwAw&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=598  Hopefully the link will work after posting.  Or you can just do a search for images typing in rocks geodes.  Tiny hidden flowers bloom under the scorching desert sun.  Or imagine what type of sense of humor is needed to create a duck-bill platypus. http://www.zoo.org.au/healesville/animals/platypus I enjoy taking people on camera safari's to capture all the cute little oddities sitting right under our noses.  A quick search on the internet reveals that there are an estimated 20,000 types of butterflies, give or take a thousand or two.  I look around me everyday at the hidden treasures here in our world.  Something like the Easter bunny is something cute and enjoyable.  I imagine that if Christ were here now, He would enjoy a good Easter egg hunt.  May your day be blessed with hidden treasures and bits of delight. 











All of these found here.

No comments: