Friday, April 4, 2014

Gave it a rest

"Having it all doesn’t mean having everything, all at once, all the time.Having it all means taking yourself seriously. It means knowing yourself well enough to find your purpose in life. It means knowing what needs to change when you sense that you’ve lost that purpose. It means having the faith to believe that change is possible and having the courage to make those changes."
Marcus Buckingham, Find Your Strongest Life


I missed a post yesterday because I fell asleep on the couch last night.  I am pushing hard in my karate class.  I am learning ground defense.  This is learning how to fall so I don't get hurt.  Mind you I already had a pop quiz and passed with living colors..... I slipped and fell backwards on the cement after a rain.  I tucked my head and slapped down my hands to help absorb the blow.  All I ended up with were a few spectacular bruises.  Last night, I discovered that the preparation position for the karate move is a trigger.  I am freaked out before I begin.  I am accepting that having a full blown trigger go off, sleep usually follows.  Sorry I missed a post but I am doing much better today.  I am going to practice holding my body in the position that caused the trigger until it isn't scary any more.  Takes a lot of energy to bust past a trigger.  May not seem like much to other people but I know that climbing over an emotional wall is a lot of work.  I am looking forward to my next karate session to see how I progress.