Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Out side my comfort zone.....

Mary Cole-Stock Something I've been pondering as of late: "More often than not, our greatest blessings from God are found outside our comfort zone."



WAY outside of my comfort zone.  If I stayed in my comfort zone, I would need to quit work, stop writing my blog, only forward cute things on Facebook, eliminate as much people contact as possible....yea, pretty much sound like my life before I started to fight back when I could only be up 20 minutes a day.  I believe that Earth life wasn't designed to be comfortable.  People pray for peace without considering that one of the calmest parts of a hurricane is the eye of the storm.  There are stories of people being killed in a storm because they came out when it was calm not realizing that they were actually at the very center of an intensely violent storm.  Easy road is usually a deception.  Too often, it is only when I move out of my comfort zone that I realize what chains still bind me.  If I shuffle along quietly without complaint, I hardly notice the emotional chain-gang leg shackles.  Counseling painfully pointed out the folly of trying to live a quiet life without making waves.  I suppose it could be done but I lived a half life for almost 7 years.  I chose to fight back.  I am pushing myself to step even farther outside my comfort zone.  I decided that I am going to start a second web page.  This new web page will take me tumbling out of my comfort zone in a big way.  I am starting a page for PTSD for anyone.  Many of the web pages are targeted to a specific group such as military or rape victims.  I learned a lot from these pages but the information I am searching for seems scattered all over.  I would like to invite your suggestions as to what you would like to see on a PTSD page.  So far, I am planning a Friends and Family tab for suggestions on coping with people with PTSD.  Symptoms page to give a person a chance to consider the possibility that PTSD is part of their life.  I also plan a PTSD first aid page that address what to do with big and little emergencies.  I already asked a few fellow bloggers to share a post of information that works for them.  I am asking anyone that would like to send there ideas to label the email.... PTSD blog.....then share your ideas. Send to weareonebyruth at gmail dot com. I feel a little bit like I am standing on the highest high dive platform ever with only a little bucket of water below me.  Yup, way outside my comfort zone.....I have a new appreciation for Dumbo the Elephant.  Looking for a feather to hold on to. 

1 comment:

Evan said...

Hmm. I do think we go through the storm but days of warmth and delight are good too.