Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Dreams

Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it.
~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Thursday I landed on a trigger, a body memory.  Something that I had no idea was lurking there.  Since then, my night time dreams returned to nightmares.  Believing in dreams is difficult when your dreams are nightmares.  I often stay up late as possible, until I can barely keep my eyes open, so that bed time consists of going to sleep as fast as my head hits the pillow.  Leaves me tired in the morning but with dreamless sleep.  A relief for me.  When I read quotes like the one above, I realize Goethe is not referring to my night time forays into the twilight zone.  The magic of thinking big, Dream BIG, follow my dreams all seem like a foreign land.  To boldly go where I have never gone before feels like Star Trek fantasy.  Boldness is rarely associated with victims.  Boldness barely fits in with a survivor.  I believe Boldness is the very root of thriving.  Courage, enthusiasm, and boldness seem like a trio to build a thriving future.  Courage I understand.  It is doing what you need to do not matter how much fear I feel.  Enthusiasm is running forward instead of creeping up on the sidelines.  Boldness.....this is something to explore.  Boldness a feeling that is fairly new to me.  Boldness a combination of genius, power and magic.  I always loved magic, power is a bit daunting and I don't believe I am a genius.  Boldness I believe is a bit like the sun rising with little regard if there are clouds are not.  Rising is simple what is does.   

No comments: