Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Irritating quotes

There are some quotes running around on the internet that really annoy me.  If you don't want to read this rant, quit now.

I need to share a different perspective......

"Loving people live in a loving world. Hostile people live in a hostile world. Same world." (Wayne Dyer)


I was 5 years old, walking to school by myself.  I loved the world, I loved dogs, I loved worms, I was a happy little girl until my world was shattered by a type of violence that tear apart the strongest adults.  I didn't invite this insanity into my life.  I wasn't hostile looking for hostile things to happen to me.  My world was shattered.  I learned in kindergarten that there are people that willingly make this Earth a living hell.  I am still able to see good in the world but I believe that those that only see the world reflected in their own lives never had anyone smash their mirror.  Since then I learned that the same events can be viewed by two different people very differently.  I learned from photography that we frame our own pictures of what is around us.

I don't believe in just ranting.......I want to share what I have learned....

The world is beautiful and terrible.....

 When I lived in Spokane, Washington, I loved going to an outlook at the park.  I enjoyed absorbing the green mountains and azure skies.  Simply beautiful.  I took my Dad to the same spot and exclaimed how beautiful the view was.  He replied, slightly baffled by my enthusiasm, "But it overlooks a freeway and the junk yard." I suggested he look up.  What you focus on is what you will see.  If you focus on the roses, you will see the loveliest of flowers, however, if you focus on the thorns you will see the most vicious of plants.  Ignoring the thorns does not keep you from getting a nasty poke.  Appreciation of the worlds beauty with an understanding and preparation for harsh realities blesses your life.  I enjoy the roses while avoiding getting stuck by the thorns.



















  

2 comments:

jessie said...

There are so many of those quotes going around. I think they are often overly simplistic or just plain wrong. They tend to paint a picture of the world that is imaginary. I'm working on just rolling my eyes and moving on ;).
I love the rose pictures. So beautiful. I live somewhat near Spokane. :)

TR said...

Beautiful post.