Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Inner peace

Inner peace is a shield from the storm.  Havoc can swirl around but inside yourself the peace is your safe harbor.  The scriptures talk about this:

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Also in the article Judy posted, sometimes the bottom of a longer article doesn't get read as carefully.
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/counseling-keys/201403/how-handle-crazymaker

Cultivate internal validation. Sometimes people won’t play fair. They’ll use crazy-making tactics and engage in power struggles to feel better about themselves. You can play into it and escalate the battle or you can take the higher road. Taking the higher road includes finding internal strength. Some refer to it as spirituality. Some feel it from the heart. It’s that endless supply inside that rejuvenates you and causes people to become resilient in the face of the most challenging adversity. It is the source of hope. Tapping into it is proof that you’ve developed a good boundary. People cannot drain your energy field because it’s directly tied into the abundant source of courage, hope and love. You don’t have boundary leaks because you are no longer dependent on external validation. Fear is replaced with faith that the source of hope is abundant inside. Your heart is not hardened and your mind is not cynical. You are fully adaptable to change and at peace. In short, you are the change you want to see and you are modeling it for the world.
LadyCounselor talked about this same thing yesterday.  Wow, nothing like getting a couple of witnesses at the same time. 

LadyCounselor is my new counselor.  I am blessed and looking forward to the challenge of strengthening my inner fortress.

I had a lot of posters in my room when I was a teenager.  I remembered part of the quote and went searching for it and was blessed with the rest that wasn't included in the original poster. Thanks to Good reads for having this on line:

“In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer.


And that makes me happy. For it says that no matter how hard the world pushes against me, within me, there’s something stronger – something better, pushing right back.”


Albert Camus, The Stranger















1 comment:

TR said...

Love the quote! Thank you. xx