Thursday, July 24, 2014

Retrain your brain

Daily Dose of Froglogic - July 21, 2014
Fear. The truth is fear is a reality in your life. It's in all of our lives. We are wired for it and have it taught to us from the beginning. It helps us to survive but can also inhibit our dreams. I believe it helps us to thrive. It's time to retrain your brain and change your behavior. If you're afraid to change you won't. If you want to....you will. Trust your team and have faith in your training to embrace your fears so that you too can make a profound impact on the world around you. OOUUUTTTTT ‪#‎EmbraceFear‬ ‪#‎Mission3‬ ‪#‎Retrainyourbrain‬ ‪#‎Froglogic‬


My sister, Judy from the Project, introduced me to Team Froglogic.  She shared his webpage and posts with me as we walked and talked.  At first I didn't explore too much.  I've been in the mode of I am up to my ears in alligators I don't have time for one more thing.  Now, I am thinking I need to listen more carefully and I figured out a way to do it.  I turn on his radio show and then use my elliptical to exercise.  I benefit from the message and keep my mind entertained while doing the most boring of work outs.  Yesterday, I listened to his information on patience.  The part that stood out for me is the idea that patience is your gut check.  That is the momentary pause between action and reaction that you hit the pause button to consider your best course of action.  He also talks frequently about building a team.  Basically, if you want to do the impossible you need a team to do it.  He also talked about having a specific swim buddy that pulls you aside with a "Hey knucklehead, what do you think you are doing?"  Wait....what?  Then I remembered two things, he's a guy and he's a Navy seal therefor understanding exactly what you need to do the impossible.  His radio show has turned to the mission of embracing your fear to use it as a tool to thrive.  Wow.....just WOW.  His approach and personality took some mental adjustments on my part but here is part of mission 2 Accepting your reality http://www.teamfroglogic.com/blog-talk-radio/1703/.  He had 4 major points:
1. It is what it is......life is what you make of it.  
2. Your not alone.
3. Find your purpose.  
4. Recruit your team because you can't do much alone.  We are designed to work together.

Yup, I got off my elliptical to take notes.  The more I listen the better I like him.  He has a positive up beat look at reality.  No sugar coating.  No pandering to the masses. Straight up "it is what it is."  Looking forward to mission 3 Retrain your brain.  

Sun reminding me it is still there. 
 

No comments: