Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Blogs on Healing

http://www.purposefairy.com/9190/how-i-healed-myself-from-unhappy-syndrome/


I see PurposeFairy on Facebook.  Most of her notes are short and uplifting.  She shared her recipe for getting back to her happy place in "How I healed myself from unhappy syndrome."

At first I was going to comment on how my challenges are different and how this part of it or that part of it doesn't work for me.  Tonight I felt differently.  This is her recipe and it works for her.  Several of the quotes are favorites of mine.
  
When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than any talent for abstract, positive thinking. ~ Albert Einstein

Some of the quotes are new to me but probably familiar to some of my readers.

To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one’s family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one’s own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him. ~ Buddah 

Sometimes I need to sit back and consider someone's perspective without trying to apply it to myself. Allow myself to sit with it a while. This is a concept NewCounselor is trying to teach me.  I am noticing that when I am struggling with a feeling or a reaction I need to give myself time to sit with how I feel.  If I sit with a person, we usually have a conversation or some sort of connection.  I am starting to realize that I need to have a conversation and a connection with my feelings.  I mentioned the web page about connecting with your inner-kiddie http://www.makeitfunanditwillgetdone.com/
This is her method and it works for her. 

I had my own style of disconnecting from all emotion.  I wasn't sad.  I could laugh.  But I knew it wasn't working for me.  I wanted something different.  I did try many of the things that Purpose Fairy mentioned.  I tried all sorts of things on my own.  I didn't realize that a major crack existed in me.  Counseling was an answer for me.  It worked.  I learned a bunch of stuff about myself.  I learned new ways to look at the world.  Tough stuff still happens.  I now what I need to do to step in the direction I need to feel at peace again.  My route is different from both of these other blogs.  I won't have answers for other people.  I have some great suggestions that I found work for me.  I share what I learned willingly.  I hope that what I write someone can say, "Hay, that is something I can try."  Or maybe, "Oh my, someone is facing a challenge similar to mine, I am not alone."  Different approaches work for different people.  There is one message that runs through all of these blogs, mine included, "Happiness is an inside job.  Only you have the power to change your life."  That was so cool when I internalized, I have the power to change my life.  I can't change the circumstances but my attitude is all mine to decide what I want to do with my life. 



No comments: