Saturday, January 5, 2013

My Reality Checked Bounced

"The only limit to our realization of
tomorrow will be our doubts of today."
- Franklin D. Roosevelt


Click Here For Success Tip # 016


 I get so enthusiastic and excited about starting something new and taking on a challenge.  Then in very short order life gives me a reality check and this one ricocheted all over the place leaving me with one of the worse nights I've had in a long time.  I am humbly reminded that every person has their own challenge and their own way of going about doing it.  What works for me, such as prayer, doesn't work for someone else.  Their choice may be chanting, meditation or a walk in the woods.  What I consider an impossible task, someone else would wonder why I bother at all.  What is emotionally devastating to me, I know if I recount it to NewCounselor, he would probably would wonder what I am all worked up about.  I know that what I write in this blog helps some people and others it just isn't what they are looking for.  I reviewed the last few months of things happening and I realized I stood back on somethings that I wished I had stepped forward.  I still struggle in recognizing when a fight is worth fighting and when it is time to just back off and walk away.  To each person this day holds a challenge for them with a variety of choices.  Today...I am going to dance class and exercising my new routine.  I also plan to take some pictures today.  That is about it.  My vacation is almost over.  I accomplished many of my goals.  Some are still sitting there waiting for me to do them since no one else besides me cares if they are done.  Whatever your endeavors or challenges, I hope your choices bring you closer to the life you want.  New resolutions may be broken but changing my life is still up to me.  "There is no remote control in life, Get up and change it."

From Facebook today, (I have awesome friends)
"In the end, whatever the excuses or distractions or challenges may be, the decision is always yours.
For when you choose to, you can do it!" ~Ralph Marston

Wisemen still seek Him

2 comments:

mulderfan said...

IMO Every fight is worth fighting. Sometimes, the best weapon in our arsenal is having the strength and courage to walk away.

Ruth said...

I haven't thought of walking away as a weapon. But you are right when I choose what is healthy I am not running in fear but walking to a brighter horizon. mulderfan, I love the way you think. Thanks.