Friday, January 25, 2013

Paradigm Shift


"All life is a chance. So take it!
The person who goes furthest is the one
who is willing to do and dare."
- Dale Carnegie

Click Here For Success Tip # 026
 




Paradigm shift.

This is a link to one definition: http://www.taketheleap.com/define.html

A term popularized in my life time.  I weathered several in my life.  The major paradigm shift from functioning as a multiple personality to a singleton felt like tearing out my foundation and replacing it with a new one.  It rocked my world.  Once again, I felt my life alter and move as I functioned through my daily living.  I knew that my hearing was decreasing.  For some reason, the confirmation shifted my very foundation.  My counselor and I discussed this shift. He suggested the possibility that I moved from seeing myself as a survivor to thriving.  A different mind set.  A shift in focus.  A burning desire to really live and not in the shadows.  I am relieved that Doc told me that there is no rush and we are still in wait and see mode.  I have plans.  Next month I am entered into a 5K mud run.  Well actually more of an intense obstacle course for 5K.  I am following their training, plus training from the Impossible Blog, plus I am continuing dancing.  I started with the dancing 2 years ago.  I hid in the corners and went once a week.  Now, I can attend most of the dance/exercise classes.  I like some better than others.  I am discovering strength and flexibility that I thought were long gone.  I do creak and pop now and again but I like the term 'I'm not old, I'm Crispy.'  Most importantly I am doing it and doing it consistently.  Years ago, I had a membership to a gym that I didn't attend for months.  I was pure profit.  Giving myself the illusion of exercising.  I learned about a wickedly deceptive looking exercise called a plank.  I thought how easy.  Oh my.....silly me.  The first week all those sore muscles were from this pesky exercise.  Now, I extended the time to holding it for 15 seconds.  When I started, I couldn't do 5 seconds.  The strengthening process isn't just in my body.  I am noticing a shift in other things too.  With the help of my counselor, I am going to attempt to once again tackle my clutter.  One room looks like a hoarder's room.  Like hiding fudge in the freezer for a dieter, my secret stash of stuff, mounds of it.  I didn't create this disaster in a day, so I won't clean it in a day either.  My sister inspired me when she talked about making her space a haven.  My counselor talked about my struggle with clutter from the perspective, "if I can't clean the clutter because of things that happened in my childhood, then my mother is still calling the shots."  Ugh......Wait...whoa...crumbs.  There it is...ok....roll up my sleeves and lets start digging....Anyone interested in a 35 year old Madame Alexander doll of Scarlett?

Original dust excluded upon request. 

2 comments:

mulderfan said...

I have a thing about high-end purses but finally made a rule that when I get a new one I HAVE TO sell an old one. So these days I'm restricted to only owning ten. Selling the old ones on Ebay and getting money for them keeps my motivation up.

Sell Scarlett on Ebay! When the money starts coming in for your oldies but goodies it'll keep you motivated!

Judy said...

GO YOU!!