Thursday, January 10, 2013

Self-Sabotage

notsalmon.com/2012/10/17/why-people-self-sabotage-their-happiness/
Awesome blog on self sabotaging. 


Joel, from the Impossible blog http://joelrunyon.com/two3/impossible-hq-2012, sent a timely reminder this second week of doing his exercises:

  1. Speed up.
  2. Burn Out.
  3. Give Up.
  4. Go Home.

Second week, I was feeling anxious about how slow my progress was going.  His reminder came just when I needed it.  Today, I did my work out from him then headed to dance.  Change there....instead of Bollywood dancing it was a high stepping energetic work out that had me red in the face by the end of class.  Fortunately, my last class was stretch me real good with my daughter teaching.  My poor battered body happily curled up into the fetal position.  Then I marveled as I stretched and moved in ways that ain't too bad for a 55 year old woman.  I am thankful that Joel is sending weekly suggestions to help me succeed.  I think this is one of the hard things for survivors.  When I started counseling, I wanted all the changes to happen yesterday.  I worked so hard on breaking through the barriers in my mind that I forgot that I stilled had to live in today.  KavinCoach got after me and limited me to only one hour a day.  I freaked at first.  Then I finally saw his wisdom, I was tearing down barriers in my mind faster than I had strength to repair them.  Kind of like taking everything out of all the cupboards to reorganize the kitchen and can't move because everything is in the way.  I have to pace myself.  Slow down.  Play a game.  Read a book...smell the flower before they die.

Stop

Breathe 

I am doing more today then I could in a week when I was 30 years old.  I feel happier and more connected with people around me than I believed possible.

1. Slow down.
2. Pace myself.
3. Stay steady.
4. Keep moving forward.  

Still eating chocolate and enjoying every bite.  :)


 





 

1 comment:

Judith said...

Good for you!

I've been getting on the treadmill for the past 4+ months and now I've joined the Y to add in some yoga and Zumba classes. It's hard work and staying motivated is tricky. It sounds like you're on the right frame of mind.