Friday, January 14, 2011

Great Poem

This was posted in comments by mulderfan.  I appreciate my readers support.  

Ruth, this was read at my AA meeting last night and I thought of you.

I ASKED FOR STRENGTH ~Unknown

I asked for Strength...
And God gave me Difficulties to make me strong.

I asked for Wisdom...
And God gave me Problems to solve.

I asked for Prosperity...
And God gave me Brain and Brawn to work.

I asked for Courage...
And God gave me Danger to overcome.

I asked for Love...
And God gave me troubled people to help.

I asked for Favors...
and God gave me Opportunities.

I got nothing I wanted...
But I received everything I needed. 




I will be cutting things short tonight since I need to cut out the rest of a dress tonight.  Hope everyone gets what they need and a few of their wants this weekend.  

2 comments:

mulderfan said...

So glad you liked it Ruth!

Ruth said...

Thanks for sending it. Have a beautiful day.