Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sounded good at first

Don't pray for a light load, pray for a strong back.


I put this in the queue for a future post.  It sounded good at first.  Then I decided that who ever said it, for some reason I didn't copy that part, never took an engineering class.  Engineers in one of the first classes build a bridge out of toothpicks.  To find out the break point they add weight until the bridge breaks then they know the break point. I think I am going to change this a little.*  


Don't pray for a light load, it will strengthen you.  On the other hand, don't take on someone else's garbage.  (Yup, I am learning a lot from reading The Law of the Garbage Truck.)  I looked back at my life and realized that sometimes when I was under the most stress was when not only was I doing my stuff but someone else's responsibilities too.  I think "Sufficient unto the day" has new meaning.  


*The most amazing bridge I heard about was a tooth pick bridge that took over 300 lbs to break it.  The person dipped each toothpick in epoxy glue then dipped the whole bridge in glue.  I think they put a limit on the amount of glue used after that one.  

1 comment:

mulderfan said...

Love the garbage law, Ruth! Thanks again.