Sunday, January 2, 2011

In the Palm of His Hand


Isaiah 49:16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.

A year of working on my strengthens.  I do not remember a time when I did not believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior.  I was taught young but that was only the beginning.  By the time I was in Junior High I read the New Testament by myself.  In high school I had a falling out with friends over my belief in Jesus Christ.  One friend mistakenly teased me about how serious I was about my faith in Christ.  I responded that it was one of the few things in my life that I took seriously.  My belief and love for my Savior, Jesus Christ, has made and continues to make a major difference in my life.  PTSD made it difficult to convey how I felt emotionally but never in my heart did I doubt.  I do not understand Heavenly Father's plan for my life.  I have a number of big questions that I would really like answered but I can wait.  He sent His son to help with tough questions.  I know that part of this year of working on my strengths will include studying more about Jesus Christ.  One of the books I read last year was Untamed by Lisa Harper.  She gave me plenty to think about.  Her perspective gave me a new view of my friend Jesus.  This year I will continue my study and take what I have learned into my life.  At my darkest moments, at my lowest lows, I am never alone.  He is with me.  Sometimes I struggle with understanding how He loves me but I do not doubt that He does.

One of my hopes is that I will be the third person in this story.  I heard a story years ago that 3 people died and went to Heaven.  They waited in a lovely room to be interviewed to decide where in Heaven they belonged.  The first person was called in to the interview room and the person giving the interview asked, "What do you know about Christ?"
The person shrugged their shoulders, "I think I have heard of Him but don't know much about Him."  He was ushered out of the interview room.
The second person was admitted into the interview room.  Again the question came, "What do you know about Christ?"
The second person started a long dissertation starting with, "He was born in a stable to Mary and Joseph.  They were visited by shepherds and then wise men came."  Then he continued to recite for quite sometime all the details of Christ's life.  When he was finished he was ushered out of the interview room.  
The third person entered into the interview room.  Took one look at who was interviewing him and fell to his knees exclaiming, "My Lord."  And worshiped the Savior, Jesus Christ, who was conducting the interviews.

This year, one of my strengths that I wish to improve is my understanding of Christ and His love for me.  

No comments: