Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sun peeping out

Begin Today. No matter how feeble the light, let it shine as best it may. The world may need just that quality of light which you have.-Henry C Blinn






From Simply Diane

Snowflakes are one of nature’s most fragile things, but just look what they can do when they stick together.” Vista M. Kelly

Diane shares her experience with snow in Atlanta.  

I am having a rough week but there is NO snow in Phoenix, AZ.  This makes me VERY happy.  15 years in Washington state convinced me that if I never see snow again it is ok with me.  

Kind of fun.  I signed up for my daughter's Zumba class; she's the teacher.  I wonder if she will let me pull the "I'm too old" card when the class gets tough.  Knowing her she will nag me to get up and get going.  I love that girl.  


6 comments:

mulderfan said...

I love the snow now that I'm retired and don't HAVE to drive in it!

Having your daughter as your teacher sounds like fun!

Kathy said...

You're my Mom so you're never going to be "too old". I have complete and utter faith in you. Remember when we took the hoola hoop class together? If I remember correctly you stomped the snot out of me with keeping up not only with the teacher but keeping the hoop up at all. Love you!

Ruth said...

I also remember how sore I was the next day. It was really fun. Looking forward to class.

mulderfan said...

Kathy and Ruth, that interaction brought tears to my eyes!

Kathy, I had a feeling your mum belonged in my Tough Broads group of Face Book.

Ruth, this was read at my AA meeting last night and I thought of you.
I ASKED FOR STRENGTH ~Unknown

I asked for Strength...
And God gave me Difficulties to make me strong.

I asked for Wisdom...
And God gave me Problems to solve.

I asked for Prosperity...
And God gave me Brain and Brawn to work.

I asked for Courage...
And God gave me Danger to overcome.

I asked for Love...
And God gave me troubled people to help.

I asked for Favors...
and God gave me Opportunities.

I got nothing I wanted...
But I received everything I needed.

Ruth said...

mulderfan I am beginning to think I should rename Awesome Quotes page to Awesome Quotes sent by mulderfan. I added this one. I think I may repost it to a regular entry. Not everyone reads the comments. :)

Anonymous said...

Love the quote and the poem! ~Judy